NEW! Close to My Heart

NEW! Close to My Heart
NEW! Click the image above to see our amazing products

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Update

Good evening,

I apologize for not blogging earlier. Life has been very busy for the last couple weeks.

For those of you following my blog, thank you for your thoughts and prayers for my dear uncle during the last several months.

Uncle Mark passed away on Thursday, June 10th at 10:30 pm. I was blessed to have been there. My Dad had called me at work that morning and by his broken voice I knew it was time. I was able to hold my uncle's strong hand and he let me know that he knew I was there by squeezing my hand. He is and will continue to be missed. He is now with our Heavenly Father and I am glad that he is no longer suffering.

I want to share with you the poem we put on Uncle Mark's memorial service folder at the funeral.

"Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on the snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you waken in the morning's hush,
I am the gentle uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die."

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy!